New Club Projects
- Planning for the 2021 Specialty Flower Show.
Project Leaders: Barbara Baletti, Cynthia Corhan-Aitken.
Continuing Club Projects
- Provide a regular opportunity for Members and Provisionals to exhibit Flower Designs and special exhibits for competition and critiquing.
Project Leaders: Fran Ackerly, Barbara Baletti.
- Provide a regular opportunity for Members and Provisionals to exhibit horticulture and to create special exhibits for competition and critiquing.
Project Leader: Debbie Moran.
- Offer informative Programs to the Members open to the public.
Project Leaders: Charlene Connolly, Michele Trevenen.
- Offer workshops to Members on gardening, flower design, horticulture, birds, and the environment.
Project Leader: Floss O’Sullivan.
- Maintain the Avis Campbell Gardens and Grounds, including the September 11th Memorial Garden , 2001.
Project Leader: Maureen Sprong.
- Maintain the Triangle Gardens in the Church Street business district of Montclair.
Project Leaders: Susan Yu, Jamie Chase.
- Offer tours, upon request, of the above gardens for schoolchildren, Scouts, and other organizations to educate the community about plants, drought tolerant landscaping, composting, and garden design.
Project Leaders: Maureen Sprong, Nancy Foster, Susan Straten.
- Recognize businesses in town that have made significant architectural or landscape elements with Civic Beautification Awards.
Project Leader: Marie Donnelly, Susan Benner.
- Encourage storefront beautification by holding “Montclair Blooms” recognizing businesses who plant in front of their stores in springtime.
Project Leaders: Marie Donnelly, Susan Benner.
- Maintain a website to enhance our public image in our Township and facilitate Club communication with an online calendar of events and access to digital copies of key Club documents. Provide links to the Garden Club of New Jersey and National Garden Clubs. Project Leader: Sue Young
- Publish Potpourri, a newsletter for Members, as a resource about Club activities, as well as gardening, design, environmental, and conservation issues.
Project Leader: Terri Breen.
- Publish Yearbook, an annual report of the previous year’s activities and the current Program year calendar. Includes Club awards history, GCNJ and NGC information, a directory of current Membership, and Garden Club Bylaws and Standing Rules.
Project Leader: Celia Radek.
- Maintain our email database and send regular updates of Club activities to the Membership.
Project Leader: Fran Wong.
- Provide postings to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts to communicate Club activities and events to the community.
Project Leader: Amy South.
- Promote and offer for sale the booklet “What’s In A Name,” a reference for plant identification.
Project Leader: Susan Benner.
- Decorate Montclair’s historic Israel Crane House for the holidays.
Project Leader: Floss O’Sullivan.
- – Maintain a library for Club Members offering resources on conservation, the environment, gardening, flower design, and horticulture. Project Leader: Claire Stepleton.
- – Conduct Garden Therapy projects with senior citizens in Montclair and surrounding communities. Project Leaders: Sarah Olson, Floss O’Sullivan.
- – Sponsor projects with teacher and student participation at Montclair schools. Project Leaders: Nancy Foster, Susan Straten.
- – Expand the successful butterfly garden project to other pre-schools/elementary schools, Scout troops, and civic groups. Project Leaders: Nancy Foster, Susan Straten.
- – Foster camaraderie among Members and expand our knowledge of gardens, by offering periodic trips to explore area gardens. Project Leaders: Karen Kadus, Susan Dumont.
- – Foster fellowship and share knowledge among Members through an Open Gardens program where Members open their gardens for visitation by the Membership and friends. Project Leader: Marilyn Zaret.
- – Expand our Three Generations: Introduction to Flower Design presentation to retirement and assisted living facilities in the area. Project Leaders: Sarah Olson, Floss O’Sullivan.