History

Organized in November 1926 and incorporated in 1950, The Garden Club of Montclair is a member of District II of The Garden Club of New Jersey, Inc., The Central Atlantic Region, and National Garden Clubs, Inc. In fulfilling its mission to educate its members and the public in the knowledge and practice of conservation, horticulture, and flower design, the Garden Club of Montclair aims to beautify the Township and the State, and it is widely admired and appreciated for doing so. One of the largest and most active Garden Clubs in the Garden State, it fosters fellowship through its work and activities, and, while pursuing traditional customs, it encourages members to suggest and carry out new projects and ideas.